Linux OS Installation
What follows is the most common way to perform a core Linux OS installation for an Oracle production system. Adjust as required for your environment. After this install you will want to perform the LINUX OS Prep for Oracle 12c. Interface names (eth1, eth2 etc.) may be different in your environment.
1gb to 2gb = 1.5 times the size of the RAM 2gb to 16gb = Equal to the size of the RAM More than 16gb = 16 GB
- You have downloaded the ISO for the installation.
- You have at least 75gb to allocate for the / (root) partition.
Why so much? Patches. If you dont need to apply Oracle patches 50gb may do.
0. Boot from the ISO.
1. Select installation option:
3. Installation Summary
(x) Server with GUI [x] Development Tools
/ (root file system) 50 GiB (or more: see /u01 & /u02 below) /swap 17 GiB /home 25 GiB
/u01/app Oracle application binaries and support files. /u01/orasw Oracle software and patch file location. /u01/scripts DBA scripts. /u02 Exports, RMAN backups, wallets.
[Configure] each as shown: eth1 General: [x] Automatically connect to this network when it is available. IPv4 Settings Method: Manual Select [Add]: 192.168.56.71\255.255.255.0 Host name: (Example: lnx01) [Apply]
- Accept license from console screen. In some instances it may present a GUI for this.
- Select .
- Post Boot Prompts
- Set language: English
- Typing: English
- Privacy: Off (disables sharing system geo location)
- Time Zone: <Your TZ> Ex: EDT (UTC-04) New York, United States
- Update OS.
root> yum update -y
- Perform the LINUX OS Prep for an Oracle database system.
RAC Network Example
- A system to be a RAC node requires two interfaces:
- One for the public network (ex: 192.168.56.71).
- One for the privet network (ex: 192.168.10.1).
- Change IPs to match your environment.
eth1 General: [x] Automatically connect to this network when it is available. IPv4 Settings Method: Manual [Add] 192.168.56.71\255.255.255.0 eth2 General: [x] Automatically connect to this network when it is available. IPv4 Settings Method: Manual [Add] 192.168.10.1\255.255.255.0